This enumeration contains the types used to determine the apparence and significance of XML nodes.
- tag: This node is a "standard" tag node. It's one of the declarative nodes which define the content of the document.
- comment: The node contains a comment.
- PI: The node is a "processing instruction"; a node starting with a question mark defines an istruction for the processor (i.e. escape to another language). The PI "?xml" is reserved and is not passed to the document parser.
- directive: The node is a directive as i.e. DOCTYPE. Directive nodes start with a bang.
- data: The node is an anonymous node containing only textual data.
- CDATA: The node is an anonymous contains binary data (properly escaped as textual elements when serialized).